• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6R track tensioner

precision dirt

Occupation
machinist, fabricator and owner of precision dirt
Working on a D6R serial #
5LN03395
Needing a service manual breakdown for disassembly. It’s a little different than I’ve worked on and want the be sure about recoil spring procedure. Customer refuses to buy a manual and I’m not gonna get hurt over it.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Cmark

Threaded rod is screwed into the end of the cannon to make an anchor for a hydraulic cylinder. Compress the spring and unscrew the retainer a little. Back off the anchor slightly and repeat until the tension is released. If the retainer is broken, stop and reassess the job.
Don't cheap out on your tooling and use good high-tensile threaded rod. It's a high risk operation if you try and wing it.
recoil.jpg

1466IH

You don't have to do anything with the recoil if it is just an adjuster. Split the track, roll the idler/adjuster out, replace seals then reverse procedure

precision dirt

Occupation
The adjuster is bolted to the back of the tentioner housing. It seems to me the adjuster would have to have pressure on it unless spring is trapped.? I have the track split and complete assembly rolled out but all I have to go by is a parts breakdown.

precision dirt

Occupation
Got it done. Can anyone tell me what spec oil goes in tube? Appears to be a heavyweight gear oil?

precision dirt

Occupation
Thanks guys for all your help. I really appreciate it.