• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6R torque converter going out?

lantraxco

I read it the same way, if your oil has risen above 113 temp and rpm's are above 1350, the pressure should be 160 psi regardless of brake engagement. I don't see it stated there, are these tests done in neutral or in gear?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
For priority mode the solenoid has to be OFF, the power supply is controlled by the ECM. Have you tried disconnecting the solenoid electrically (I would suggest removing the coil from the valve while keeping it connected to the machine harness, that way it won't generate a Diagnsotic Code or do anything else weird) to see if the pressure changes..? Seized solenoid valve spool maybe..?

I put a new solenoid spool on it and it seems to have fixed it. Its kicking down to 150psi at above 1300rpm. Hopefully that solved the heating issue, but I need to run it a while to know.

Cactus86

Hi
I put a new solenoid spool on it and it seems to have fixed it. Its kicking down to 150psi at above 1300rpm. Hopefully that solved the heating issue, but I need to run it a while to know.

did this solve the problem. I’m having a similar heating issue with my d6r