• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6r lgp vs d6n lgp

bell142

Hey guys Looking at trading in my older D6r lgp on a new D6n lgp. Any opinions on the 6n? I know that i will be loosing hp and weight :(but i think i will be gaining a more versitile machine that will be utilized more:D. need input quick as i may trade in first of next week!

Allengrading

We have both D6R's 98 and 99 models and D6n's 04-06 and in my opinion there is no comparing they both have a purpose and place. Our D6n is an automated machine with topcon grade controls. The n is more precise and versatile I would agree with that but then again that depends on your application, the R's play a big part in our operation and I would not see replacing mine with anything else and the same with the n's they also play a large part in our fleet of dozers which ranges from d3g to d6r usually renting or long term leasing the larger iron like 7's and 8's

bell142

Ive put 1800 hrs on my 6r in 6 years and most of that has been grade work for subdivisions and apartment complexes. i love the machine i just think the 6n will be better suited for everyday work. i use scrapers to move any dirt that i can and i still have a 6h that i can use for bulk pushing.

Allengrading

I would consider trading in on the 6n in that case we do like ours and you have a 6h to fill the shoes of the R which it doesn't sound like you use much we put at least 1000 hours a year on our machines.