• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6r Hardbar and dozer frame repair

steve loving

heres a hardbar that was eggshaped 5/8 both ways. hand buildup 7018 and linebored and cut snap ring grooves back in. the dozer frame is 4140 the frame has no bushings in them i order 2 extra ones for the bar and bore the frame for them. cat pulls the engine or pulls the pan to bore the center pin but my joint works just fine thanks for looking steve

Attachments

• d6r 006.jpg
    d6r 006.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 3,198
  • line boring d6r 021.jpg
    line boring d6r 021.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 3,033
  • line boring d6r 024.jpg
    line boring d6r 024.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3,363
  • line boring d6r 029.jpg
    line boring d6r 029.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 2,882
  • line boring d6r 020.jpg
    line boring d6r 020.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 3,169

steve loving

few more pics

Attachments

• line boring d6r 013.jpg
    line boring d6r 013.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,901
  • line boring d6r 011.jpg
    line boring d6r 011.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,740
  • line boring d6r 007.jpg
    line boring d6r 007.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,744
  • line boring d6r 005.jpg
    line boring d6r 005.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2,734
  • line boring d6r 004.jpg
    line boring d6r 004.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,716

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I'm not sure how tha ended up as three separate threads, but I merged them all into one.

And I'll second what ATCOEQUIP said. Nice looking work. :thumbsup

JDOFMEMI

Nice work there.

I especially like the U-joint on the boring bar. I will have to remember that one.

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Good looking work youre doing there. Not to sure about the dogs help, unless it was to bring the beer!
Wanna come out to Washington and slap our master mechanic up side the head and show him that this CAN BE DONE!
He wants to sell the Cat inteed of fixing the same problem you are having. Sometimes I just dont get it, but I get paid from the neck down I guess!
Jason

JDOFMEMI

Hmmmmm, sell the cat, buy a new one, or spend about 5 to 7K and repair the EQ bar. Tough choice, unless there is much more wrong than he is letting you in on.

Flip side of that, I sent a D-9N in once for the EQ bar repair, and got it back about 180K poorer. The more they took apart, the more they found wrong with it. It was still cheaper than a new one though, and with 5 years service on it since, only one new UC job, the rest was good.

D6c10K

That's good work...what did you use to drive the boring bar and control the in-feed of the cut? Was it just a low speed drill or did you rig up something else?

I thought of trying to do something like this to rebore the pin holes on the back of my 6s blade (swinging link pivot pins were really worn) but didn't think of using the u-joint...might have to take some of your ideas.

JDOFMEMI

That's good work...what did you use to drive the boring bar and control the in-feed of the cut? Was it just a low speed drill or did you rig up something else?

I thought of trying to do something like this to rebore the pin holes on the back of my 6s blade (swinging link pivot pins were really worn) but didn't think of using the u-joint...might have to take some of your ideas.

I don't know how Steve did it, but a friend of mine does this and he uses a mag drill. It has the slow speed ability, variable right down to zero speed, and you just feed it manually at a nice slow pace.

Works really good.

steve loving

Sorry havnt answerd been busy. d6c10k i have a fien bar drive which is a gearhead drill 4 speed tranny to turn the small bar on dozer frame just hand feed it. the big bar for the hardbar i machined has a 1.5 hp motor with a 40 to 1 reduction on it and has a feed carriage for it. ill post a new thread titled 992d and add a few pics of the larger drive machine

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
We need more pics dude! That was kinda like going to the strip club, and driving home alone to an empty house!
I'm fascinated by fabrication and the likes. If I had it do over again, I'd have become a fab, refab, machinist type.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Awesome pics, like JTL said fab and welding/repair is nice to see how others do it. Job well done.

Trbo

Hey Steve, how far from the track are ya? I stay at Old Thomas Bridge Road quite often.

steve loving

Jtl that just wouldnt be right going home alons so the next boring job i do ill take pics from setup to finish i dont have any better than i have posted already. EZTRBO im about 2.5 miles from the track. I live just off 394 on the rd that is next to wallgreens and mickeydees at the light. email me before you get to town and ill show you around if you or your friends like dragracing or monster trucks i have some freinds that have shops here. Blackbeard i use brazed carbide tooling it works good on welded holes.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Proper job darr lad ,keep the pictures coming.