• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6N stopping

KWhauling

Ok I have 2 other threads, originally I thought wire harness was the problem I repaired it all lights and service codes went out . What's happening is machine is stopping locks up like brake applied every 5-10 feet in first gear only both foward and reverse 2nd and third machine runs fine and only after machine warms up about 15 minutes after starting . When machine is first started it runs fine . I really appreciate all the help I got so far thanks in advance

Dave Neubert

does it stop like drive you thru the windshield I had one that the harness to the transmission wore thru and it would engage in 2 gears at one time. it took putting it on the laptop and watching the shifting to find it

KWhauling

does it stop like drive you thru the windshield I had one that the harness to the transmission wore thru and it would engage in 2 gears at one time. it took putting it on the laptop and watching the shifting to find it
Yes but only when warmed up so you'd think harness would be any time and only when in first gear thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.

KWhauling

Ok follow up had a mechanic come pressure test everything only thing he can find is when put in 1st gear the pressure drops from 370 down to 200 which the brake applies then all other pressure are good 2nd and third gear thanks were not sure what way to turn next short of pulling transmission

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If the pressure drops the same way in both forward & reverse then the first speed clutch is on the point of failing and you will have no option but to pull the transmission.

It might pay to look at the pump while you are at it, and also replace the transmission cooler.

KWhauling

If the pressure drops the same way in both forward & reverse then the first speed clutch is on the point of failing and you will have no option but to pull the transmission.

It might pay to look at the pump while you are at it, and also replace the transmission cooler.
We just went and changed clutch actuator valves around it still does it we're going to cut the filter apart yet and I guess the transmissions coming out

KWhauling

We cut filter apart nothing is there any possibility the control valve could be leaking we already switched clutch solenoids to rule out that thanks

BigWrench55

If I remember right. The brakes are supplied oil from the transmission pump and there is a priority valve that ensures that the brakes are supplied with oil. If you had a problem with your brakes passing oil then you would lose pressure to the first speed clutch. But I can’t remember what the symptom would be if the problem was reversed. I would check the operation of the priority valve. Don’t ask me where it is it’s been too long to remember. Nige will correct me if I’m wrong and steering you in a wrong direction.

KWhauling

If I remember right. The brakes are supplied oil from the transmission pump and there is a priority valve that ensures that the brakes are supplied with oil. If you had a problem with your brakes passing oil then you would lose pressure to the first speed clutch. But I can’t remember what the symptom would be if the problem was reversed. I would check the operation of the priority valve. Don’t ask me where it is it’s been too long to remember. Nige will correct me if I’m wrong and steering you in a wrong direction.
Thanks we want to rule everything out possible before we pull that transmission we spent all day today troubleshooting that when we cut the filter apart there was nothing in the filter you would think if the clutches were failing there would have been broken pieces in the filter

KWhauling

One dumb question why does machine operate fine when cold this has me confused you think it should do it always my mechanic said maybe when the oil gets warmer it gets thinner I want to fix it properly but just don't understand why it's acting the way it is thanks again really appreciate your help

KWhauling

Have you pulled the magnetic screen at the bottom of the transmission to look for debris yet.?

What colour is the oil.? Does it smell burned.?
We cut the filter on the back of machine nothing it looks new has a couple hundred hours on it oil looks new smells fine