• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6N or D6R

Im looking to purchase a dozer to do land clearing. I am not sure between a D6N or aD6R. I'm looking for an LPG model because there is always soft spot in the fields. I am afraid that the D6R is to heavy for this task. Anybody out there have an idea witch dozer will performe beter for this kind of work?

Landclearer

A D6R is the only way to go. The 6Ns are great machines but not as much power and the PAT blade will not stand up like an outside mount blade. If you wanted to grade or do GPS work I would say the 6N.

Chris

vapor300

It depends the true lgp 6r has 36 inch pads and the 6n lgp has 33 inch pads. Im pretty sure they are both around the same ground pressure.

If you need a vpat blade go with the N, if you need power go with the R

Dickjr.

Consider fuel consumption also , the R likes its fuel , the N is a little easier. If all you will do is heavy work then the R all the way. Pushing trees over and piling them the N would be fine. These days Ilike to use the smallest machine I can due all to fuel usage and moving from job to job. Takes pennies to make a dollar or so they say.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
6R with SU blade for clearing. A 6N is much more of a finish dozer designed for finesse than a clearing dozer. Would feel way better about using corner bits to pry and dig stumps with the R and SU blade than I would with the 6 way on the N.

Last edited: