• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6H Hyd Oil Filter blowout question

Auctioneerhere

Today, while running my machine for what ever reason the top of the hyd oil filter gasket started leaking badly & seemed the system had air it it.

When I first started it I raised the blade to the top & rotated the tilt back & forth. I ran it about 5 minutes & then the oil came out the top of the filter. I had not been on the machine in over a month.

Aside from changing the filter & filling it back with oil, is there anything I should be looking for?

This machine just turned 4000 hours & has been used about 100 hours per year for the last few years since I bought it.

Thanks in advance.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The hydraulic tank pressurizes when the machine is working to assist with suction into the implement pump. Are you sure it simply hasn't failed the gasket on the filter cover..? The machine will be a number of years old by now and maybe that rubber gasket is original............

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
I know that rubber o-ring on the filter housing cap is easy to mislocate on assembly. Oil will pour out like crazy if it isn't installed carefully