• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6D LGP powershift, missing connection of air transfer tube from transmission to rear of torque converter

5fwd

Hi everyone, I am working on repairing an old D6D. I noticed there is a missing flange on the torque converter end of the Air Transfer tube from the transmission to the torque converter. The part number of the tube is 9M2968. I have attached a photo I took that shows what is missing, as well as the schematic I was able to find online that shows how it should be.

The person I got the machine from says they don't know what the connection is for and it was working fine when it did, without that. The machine has been sitting for a long time.

Does anyone have any idea of what this tube is for and if this missing connection is any major issue?

Thanks

Attachments

• air line.jpeg
    air line.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 18
  • g00467987.png
    g00467987.png
    153.8 KB · Views: 19
  • torque converter.jpeg
    torque converter.jpeg
    186.4 KB · Views: 18

.RC.

I would be putting it back on as it seems all the D6C and D6D powershifts all have that line. (that part number starts way way back in the 74A D6c's of the early 1960's) It is there for a reason.

Dave Neubert

Nige is correct if you don't replace the line at least put a breather of some sort on both sides there is no pressure or oil going thru it

5fwd

Thanks again for the help, I think I should be able to get the missing fitting to buy from the dealer, I'll check with them.