• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6d Getting A Little Love

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
buddy barry's d6d had problems with the front idler and tightener. so i popped it apart and will be working my magic with some up hand welding. also note a 650G known as one of the "Lemon Sisters" in the back ground. there is always a "Lemon Sister in the shop, one is out and the other sister is in the shop getting love, LOL

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• d6d needing love.jpg
    d6d needing love.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,744

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
That looks like an interesting repair King. What kind of problems is she having? As always love following your work. Thanks!

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
had a good day on the d6d today. i ended up using the KOMMUNIST KAT to push the track spring back enough to get the stoppers out one at a time. the ears had broken off and the spring was going up and down so new ears were welded on and the machine will be good as new. the little motor in the KOMMUNIST KAT sure did feel the power of the spring. i put a bottle jack in for safety and welded so it would not pop out.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• P1010326.JPG
    P1010326.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,579
  • P1010328.JPG
    P1010328.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,549
  • P1010329.JPG
    P1010329.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,568
  • P1010330.JPG
    P1010330.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,560

Lashlander

Those springs scare me. We were woking on one on a PC 200 Komatsu one time. Were shoving it in with a dozer when it somehow got a way. When the dust settled the spring was a couple hundred feet down in a canyon. Decided to send all the parts that we could still find to Komatsu and have it assembled. Lucky no one got killed. It was the owners idea! Honest.:rolleyes:

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
thansk, i didn't get to work on the d6d today. i had to finish the 650G known as one of the "Lemon Sisters". a couple of hours in the morning turned out to be an all day adventure. this poor cat has issues, LOL

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• P1010333.JPG
    P1010333.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,338

D5G

Are you guys working in a mine? Seems like equipment problems happen all the time, can't be fun. Great pics.

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
thansk, the equipment gets rented out to drillers and winter road builders. no mining here yet.

today we got to work on the d6d again now that the "Lemon Sister" is finished. buddy barry didn't like the "little" drip of oil from the front engine seal. so pop the hard nose off and clean things up. of course after 20 years the bolts through the rubbers on the rops would not come out, so we just cut the rops and will welded it up later.
the pallet jack worked nice for the front hook.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• P1010334.JPG
    P1010334.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,280
  • P1010335.JPG
    P1010335.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,170
  • P1010336.JPG
    P1010336.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,191

D5G

Great pics like I said King, its really cool to see pics of the mechanics of that older iron!

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
thansk, buddy barry bought the d6d about 4 years ago and has been very good to him. this is the most work we have ever down to the cat other then the little things. it is a rental machine so he takes a licking.
buddy barry wants that "little" oil leak fixed because the d6d is going out on a 6 month rent and he figures that a "little" leak will be a big leak when the cat returns.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

SweCE

Occupation
Contractor
Hello. :)
Im a bit curious about what year's models that dozer is?

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
D6d

Hows it going king, got my favorite type of dozer all back together ?
Did you get the winch clutch pack problem sorted out, that you had on her some time ago ?
And how about a pic of the finished product.
Heh heh, I ll show you mine if you show me yours.
Have a good one mate.
Cheers Merv :drinkup

Attachments

• My Girl(p).jpg
    My Girl(p).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 736
  • Scooping 7.jpg
    Scooping 7.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 741

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
Love those old 6's. As much as I like the newer stuff, I wish I could get a chance to run something like that to really appreciate what we have now.

Last edited: