• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6D 20X - engine shut down

Richardjw~

I am doing a D6D for someone, the sleeve-meter pump has had some issues which i seem to have got to the bottom of now except.....the low-idle and shut-down positions of the throttle linkage don't seem to work correctly.

The machine had a hard, neglected previous life and when it came to the current owner we found that the big spring behind the ally casing on the throttle splined shaft was broken, we replaced it and tried to set the low-idle speed screw but it doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever.......pushing the throttle lever forward just sees the engine speed get lower and lower until it kills itself.

Also is there a set of measurements for all the throttle linkages - pin to pin lenghts or something similar

Attachments

• Cat D6 pump.jpg
    Cat D6 pump.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 23

tctractors

Send the pump to Colchester Fuel Injection, Simon is the man and he will sort the pump and put all the correct settings ready to just refit, the governor housing plus the fuel elements near always need effort, plus the fuel pressure pump in the front section is near always worn out, if you want to go in deeper by yourself it's like most things the first 1 is the hardest, if you get stuck feel free to call me, I will tell you it's not worth the agro' chap. tctractors

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Shaft was broken? Hmmmm. The sleeves are probably rusted and seized.

Richardjw~

Send the pump to Colchester Fuel Injection, Simon is the man and he will sort the pump and put all the correct settings ready to just refit, the governor housing plus the fuel elements near always need effort, plus the fuel pressure pump in the front section is near always worn out, if you want to go in deeper by yourself it's like most things the first 1 is the hardest, if you get stuck feel free to call me, I will tell you it's not worth the agro' chap. tctractors

Yes, it might come to that.
I have made progress from the last time we spoke.
It fires up nicely now......I was quite chuffed with that.......just this last bit on the speed settings is annoying.

Anyway i got your number