• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6C Power Shift problems, preassure??

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
Hi!!
Loong time nou seen :) I have been really busy with my demolition jobs, so my dozer jobs has been non existing. Just some track loader jobs with the Komatsu D41 S3 now and then...

But now i got time to make my D6C in working order again, the blade cylinder blew the gaskets a "few" years ago, so it left standing for "awhile"...

It sat for two years, then i started her up and moved her last year a couple of track lenghts, and now when i started her up, she didn't move at all :eek:

The trans oil level was low and milky, i filled up to the "full" mark, but it didn't make any difference. I haven't had water in the oil before, soo i think it has to do with snow and rain comming trough a missing bolt that i noticed when unmounting the floor.

Now i cleaned the stainless steel filter and the magnets and replaced the paperfilter, but it doesn't still make any difference.
I put on a preassure meter on the valve near(behind) the steering/brake control valve, and it shows about 20bars there, is that ok?

I was thinking that the problem could be some jammed valve also? What are the two valves sitting on the turbine, on the left with one cover on it and on the right with two covers on it, could it be some of them?

I'll try to upload some pictures!!

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
The machine is a pedal steer version, so there is no clutch levers at all!
Pedal steer (2).JPG
Here you se both valves, the one on the right with two covers and on the left with one cover
both pumps.JPG
This is where I meassured the 20bars preassure
Preassure check.JPG
More pedal steer pictures, quite easy to do setup!
Pedal steer.JPG
In the middle of the picture, you can see the valve with two covers!
valve 2.JPG

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
The machine before washing it with a steam preassure washer, really bad location to work on...
ABCD0024.JPG
The valve with one cover in the middle, quite hard to get a good picture of it!
valve 1.JPG

D6c10K

Scanned some pages from my manual for checking pressures. Depending on the serial no. of your tractor the specs change. I scanned sheets for two different setups...there is a third version but it's the same as the sheet with the higher pressure readings.
If you post your serial number I'll try and make sure we're looking at the right sheets.

Never seen a pedal steering set-up like that! Is that factory or aftermarket? Looks like the brake linkage pulls both the steering clutch valve and the sterring brake...bet that could be handy.

Attachments

• D6c-4.jpg
    D6c-4.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 571
  • D6c-1.jpg
    D6c-1.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 579
  • D6c-3.jpg
    D6c-3.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 567
  • D6c-2.jpg
    D6c-2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 561

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
Never seen a pedal steering set-up like that! Is that factory or aftermarket? Looks like the brake linkage pulls both the steering clutch valve and the sterring brake...bet that could be handy.
Thanks D6C10K!!
The measurring point I have been using is the K, wich was barely 20 bars on my machine.
The machine is a 083A (00690), it has been used in the woods to load and drag log sleds. Thats probabbly why it's pedal steer only, to keep the hands free for using the crane?? To bad that the crane that has been mounted on the roof and it's hydraulics had been remowed when i bought the machine, only one strange cylinder that i figured out as a hand brake was left. I remowed the cylinder and it's valves, because i have no use of it anyway.

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
Could you send me on email a copy of that spec sheet, in it's original size? Here it's hard to read because it has to be soo small... sparffo at netikka.fi :)

Sparffo

Occupation
Demolition contractor
Sent e-mail again....I fat-fingered the email address.

Thanks again!
I think i can atleast get close enough readings with this spec sheet! I will print it tomorow and test it on site! Looks like the K measuring point is low, or really near low readings, I will get a more accurate gauge tomorow, the one i use now is up to 450 bars... I think i have one 0-50bar somewhere also? Maybe some preassure relife valve is stuck open or something? or i need a new pump... Sounds expensive to me!