• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6c engine

D6r

Hello, i have a D6c with a D333T engine whit no turbo, i would like some more power so is it just to put a turbo on the exhaust or is there some other adjusments to make??

Nelsonequip

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts & service
Buy a different dozer......there is no modifications to help that engine

CDUB

Now that's not a very positive attitude Mike.
.... Though probably realistic.

Cam85

Heart transplant buy an entire eng with everything on it and start overhauling I can highly recommend a 3306 if the tractor is good it's not a bad way 2 go there is a lot u can do 4 a 3306 but do ur home work about 50k should c a slightly bomed eng in there is the tractor worth it be careful.

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
there was a few more mods made to mid range D6Cs than just bolting a turbo on when they changed from a NA D333C to the turbocharged D333C. We had a lot of early NA 69J D6Cs here and a lot of people thought the earlier 76As went better. Best you can do with your one is check the converter stall speed and go from there, with regard to checking injectors, valve lash, rack setting. Take it you have changed the air and fuel filters first ????