• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5K2 crankcase breather filter leaking

Chased

Hi! The back side of my crankcase breather filter housing is leaking oil out of the, what looks like a pressure relief of some sort. There’s a spring in there. Can’t get it apart to see any more about it. Is it worth the $400 to replace the whole housing and see if that fixes the issue? Or could the crankcase pressure be too high and that’s just keeping the relief open and blowing oil out?

Thanks for any help!

DGODGR

I might suggest that you include a serial number for the machine (sometimes helpful). Might also suggest you indicate how many hours are on the machine.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Have you ever replaced the crankcase breather element.? It's on the Maintenance schedule.
Attached the Parts List & the Maintenance Instructions.

Attachments

• Breather Service.pdf
    191.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Breather.pdf
    177.1 KB · Views: 2

Chased

Yes I’ve changed it before. I’ve actually been waiting on one. Back ordered. So it’s over due but I’ve got it now and will change it tomorrow morning before I run. Think it could be that??

Chased

That seems to have stopped the leak! I’m sure glad it was that easy! I guess I was a little premature with the post. Thank you!