• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5G

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Does anyone know if the fuel tank has a baffle in it. Fighting with a bunch of dirt, rust, gunk? Plugging up fuel filters and trying to come up with a game plan to get it cleaned out

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Have you tried opening the tank drain first thing in the morning after the tractor has sat overnight.?

AFAIK the tank has baffles but they do not extend right to the bottom. This allows water and sediment to accumulate in the low spot where the drain is located.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Yes I’ve opened the tank drain and I catch a little stuff every time and if I dump out the fuel filter I get some stuff as well. I’ve tried draining tanks before but I never seem to get 100% of the trash. Dealt with a dead bird in a tank one time. We ended up cutting the side of the tank out to get it all.

skyking1

I posted my oil extractor picture before.
I would sump it and then take the biggest extractor hose, and chase around all the corners you can reach with the hose while pumping it. Dump in a clean white bucket and see if you did any good.