• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5G track adjuster problem

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Hello all
I got called out to work on a d5g (agg00432) and after finishing repair boss asked me to tighten track up on right side ..After taking the cover off I see a hole on side under grease fitting and grease coming out I tried tighten fitting but it was tight ...Hole looks to be a release for track adjuster ..loosen grease fitting and grease come outta hole
I pumped track back up and it lasted 2 hours same thing so I replaced fitting
That lasted 4 hours and then I had grease coming from the weld below hole like a stress crack ...best was I can explain what it looked like was tiny holes drilled beside weld 7 or 8 in a one inch wide of the weld....
We are going to re do undercarriage and plan to replace recoil spring and etc ..so welded crack and pumped track up and we ran it no grease showing until today now hole is pushing grease out below fitting on side like a pre drilled 3/8s hole no threads
My question is what happened to cause this was it over tighten at some point ????
I did have a new operator on it last week