• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5G parking brake won’t disengage

Brycewayne12

I’ve got nothing in any of the test ports
But I checked the the alternator after I checked the test ports and at first it read 13.04v and then it jumped to 14.21v the battery was at 12.02v then jumped to 13.10v so my question is should I have pressure to the parking brake test port no matter what or if the light on the dash isant going off will there not be pressure?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Alternator output sounds OK. I have no idea why it should jump like that.

The pressure tests at all those test ports are made with the parking brake released.
If the electronics are not giving the signal to release the brakes then it is quite possible that the rest of the hystat system will not function.

Attachments

• Pressure Testing.pdf
    654.4 KB · Views: 5

Brycewayne12

Alternator output sounds OK. I have no idea why it should jump like that.

The pressure tests at all those test ports are made with the parking brake released.
If the electronics are not giving the signal to release the brakes then it is quite possible that the rest of the hystat system will not function.
Can you send me a diagram of where the parking brake Selniod is at

Brycewayne12

Thank you guys for all your help! It’s most likely the drive coupler I’m going to pull the pump in the morning. So the dozer belongs to my mothers husband who has taught me everything I know about operating, but he did not trust my mechanicing ability at all (granted I will rig some **** up on my own things to get by, so I have some strikes against me) but we got a cat tech who’s a family friend come out and hook his computer up to it, basically cuz he didn’t trust me and needed a second opinion…. The tech said sounds like you have good help and you might oughta listen to him! So thank you guys, I got some much needed respect outta this whole catastrophe! This was my first time using this forum and I am very impressed at the response times and knowledge people are willing to share! Again thank you!

mike holcomb

Thank you guys for all your help! It’s most likely the drive coupler I’m going to pull the pump in the morning. So the dozer belongs to my mothers husband who has taught me everything I know about operating, but he did not trust my mechanicing ability at all (granted I will rig some **** up on my own things to get by, so I have some strikes against me) but we got a cat tech who’s a family friend come out and hook his computer up to it, basically cuz he didn’t trust me and needed a second opinion…. The tech said sounds like you have good help and you might oughta listen to him! So thank you guys, I got some much needed respect outta this whole catastrophe! This was my first time using this forum and I am very impressed at the response times and knowledge people are willing to share! Again thank you!
According to the dealer they pulled motor to replace drive coupler. It was a expensive job, 13k $ I probably should've tried to do it myself but didn't really have time

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The procedure shown in the service manual is to remove the engine and pump as a unit and split the pump off it once it is out of the machine. There is no procedure just to remove the engine alone.

If an experienced technician decided to only remove the engine and leave the pump in situ he's probably the type of guy who has done it before and doesn't need to refer much to a procedure anyway. However for anyone who has not done this before the service manual procedure is probably all they have to go on. My suggestion would be to do it way the book shows because at least you'd have a procedure to work to. This is based on the fact that nobody involved in the job has ever done it before.

The difference in weight between just the engine and the engine/pump is not going to be much. Whatever is used for lifting will likely have the capacity to lift either just the engine or the engine/pump.