• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D4H Hydraulic Hose Help

06WranglerX

Good afternoon I have been reading up on threads for awhile as a guest but have my first question. I got the chance to use a D4H with a 6 way blade, 6 speed trans 3 fwd 3 reverse, while using it I went to adjust the angle of the blade from straight across to where I could put a small crown on what I was pushing (please forgive my lack of better terms) and the hydraulic hose let go, spraying the blade and front of the machine with fluid. I got the machine back to flatter ground and inspected hoping a hose had become dislodged upon closer inspection it appears the inner hard line cracked and split due to pressure.

The line that split connects from the cylinder to the large C carriage that holds the blade, I haven't done any hydraulic work but spoke with the owner of the machine who advised me to take the hose off and just bring it to him so he can get a replacement. How does one remove this from the machine? This would be your right side if your sitting in the operators seat, the side that goes to the cylinder seems to be straight forward but the side that enters the C channel is where I am lost. The hose is covered in a metal skeleton to protect against abrasion which goes to what appears to be a Brass fitting which covers the hard line inside that is damaged which I then assume is pressed down into the C channel.

I don't want to lose the inner hardline or have it break off then have to figure out how to get the broken end off I am hoping to cleanly remove this hose assembly in one piece to bring back to him. So if anyone can provide insight that be wonderful, I am handy with tools so I am not worried about taking some bolts off I just have never worked with hoses like this before.

ttazzman

post a picture....i am not sure what you mean by a "inner hard line" ....i have changed several of the frount hoses on my D4H while it can be a pain sometimes to get to its not to difficult.......if your talking about the C channel on top of the blade frame you can just unbolt it and remove it , it is just a cover for the lines...my lines have a exterior metal coil around them that just slides on and off when the hose is being made....i just take the hose and all to my local hydralic hose shop and have them rebuild it and put the metal coil back on the outside...

hope this helps

Last edited:

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
A picture will help nail down exactly what your problem is. Also have a look at the back side of the blade in the top RH corner. There should be a plate with the part number and serial number of the blade. That'll also help.

I think you have to have 3 posts before you can upload photos. Make a couple of test posts to get your post count up.

06WranglerX

post a picture....i am not sure what you mean by a "inner hard line" ....i have changed several of the frount hoses on my D4H while it can be a pain sometimes to get to its not to difficult.......if your talking about the C channel on top of the blade frame you can just unbolt it and remove it , it is just a cover for the lines...my lines have a exterior metal coil around them that just slides on and off when the hose is being made....i just take the hose and all to my local hydralic hose shop and have them rebuild it and put the metal coil back on the outside...

hope this helps

Thank you for the help that was exactly it. It didn't make sense because it looked like it was one solid piece, but after taking those bolts off and then the plate it all made sense, I took the line off and brought it too Napa and had a new line made, the old one was so corroded it made sense how it just let go. Reinstalled it and put fluid back in and she is good to go no leaks thank you so much.

Nige thank you for your input as well!