1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

D41a-3 Komatsu dozer

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by Jerry Christman, May 24, 2020 at 2:20 AM.

1. Jerry Christman

Jerry Christman New Member

I'm having steering issues. Anyone know what it could be?

2. Don Shilling

Don Shilling Well-Known Member

Retired, multi occupation
    Steering issues generally begin with the steering clutches and brakes. More details are needed.

3. Jerry Christman

Thank you for answering! I jacked it up and one track spends faster than the other. Everything worked but didn't have a left brake

4. Don Shilling

Don Shilling Well-Known Member

Retired, multi occupation
    No brake justifies opening up that steering clutch and smart money would service the other clutch and brake at the same time. One side moving faster than the other indicates a dragging brake on the slow side.

5. Jerry Christman

Thank you! My next step is to remove cover to see what is happening inside. Will let you know what I find out