• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D4-C Hyd line question

Logger72

I replaced all the hyd lines on the 6 way blade, old ones were rusted and I wanted to avoid future problems. After hooking everything up with no leaks I went to do alittle grading,, my problem is that the blade angles both ways but will not stay angled , if pushing straight ahead and the blade catches one one side or the other it just swings that way. Any ideas about what may be the problem? Thanks

Welder Dave

Might just have to work it all the way left and all the way right a few times to get any air out of the system.

Logger72

Well here is the update,,after trying to hook the lines up according to the diagram in the parts book,, which is impossible to follow, I had no luck doing that so I took a trip to my local Cat dealer in Binghamton Ny. The service manager was kind enough to find an assembly manual for my model and copied the hydraulic schematic and taped it together for me. I came home traced out the lines and found out that I had two reversed,,switched them over and problem solved! Now on to flood cleanup!