• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D3G Ground Power Stalls

E189552

Tested per the above procedure, shows harnesses good - joystick controller bad.

Looked through the few documents sent from previous owner and saw where the handle & controller was replaced April 2017.

Makes ya' wonder..............

Thanks for all your help

E189552

Changed steering control unit, waste of time and $$$$.
Problem still exists.
Cleared all codes, moved all directions, checked codes and nothing shows - code 222.
Paid mobile Cat service for visit, everything he could see pointed to high & low voltage on steering sensors.
I’m at a loss as to where to look next.
Almost seems like brake is activated, depressing brake pedal has no effect during the slowing/no power issue.

E189552

Another tidbit, swapped the brake & decel position sensors trying to see if problem changed.
If anything problem got worse.
The brake did work during the stalling condition.
I did notice the engine was loading down, smoke coming from exhaust.
The brake functions properly during the stalling condition.
Depressing the decel pedal repeatedly is the only way to get it to move in either direction.
Anyone have a SWAG as to a fix?????

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I've got a few SWAG's since I am no mechanic - just a 1/2 assed contractor and part time moderator.

Check the voltage coming out of the alt. it should be 14.4 volts. These G model tractors are very finicky with voltage, if there is not 14.4 volts running through the electrical system all sorts of issues may show up.

Also check both batteries even if the alt is putting out 14.4 volts.

Have you replaced the parking brake switch? They are relatively cheap.

When was the machine last calibrated? I've had to call the Cat man out twice to calibrate the drive motor sensors on our D5G. Each time it's a night and day difference on performance.

Jeffery2729

Another tidbit, swapped the brake & decel position sensors trying to see if problem changed.
If anything problem got worse.
The brake did work during the stalling condition.
I did notice the engine was loading down, smoke coming from exhaust.
The brake functions properly during the stalling condition.
Depressing the decel pedal repeatedly is the only way to get it to move in either direction.
Anyone have a SWAG as to a fix?????
I am having this same issue with a d3g. 2006. Byr01734. If I turn machine off and back on sometimes it will work fine. Seems to be getting worse. Slow travel speed and won't increase. Any ideas or fixes?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Do you know how to access the Diagnostic Codes.?
Finding what Codes you have should be your first step.
If you don't know how the attached document in Post #4 combined with the illustrations in Post #7 on Page 1 is your friend..........
If you need an electrical schematic download RENR7853 from Post #15.

In fact I suggest you read all the posts on Page 1 and download attachments as appropriate, then study the text of the posts for how, where, & why, etc, etc.

I second CM's suggestion of a re-cal at some point but let's see what Codes you have first.

Last edited: