• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D3B drive problem

Digwizz

My D3B stalls on the right track under less load than the left track especially after it warms up a little. It has wet steering clutches. Does anyone know what is causing this. I'm hoping for an adjustment instead of tear down!

Please send your thoughts.

Thanks, Mike

SterlingR

Formerly DRESSTA1
First things first. It sounds like both sides will stop driving but the left side stops driving before the right. Is that correct? I guess I(we) need a little more information before any assumptions are made. Describe what you are doing and what is happening. We will get back with you.

Digwizz

If I'm pushing a blade full of dirt and want to turn to the right the left track will stop driving. If I want to turn left, the right track will usually spin if the load is too great.

SterlingR

Formerly DRESSTA1
It sounds to me like the drive clutch is slipping. I would check to make sure linkage is free in the back and not stuck in the partially disengaged position. It sounds like clutch slippage to me and that is an internal repair. Hopefully someone else will chime in, it's been 15 years since I have been in a D3B.