• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D3B Decelerator

pbean

I was wondering if anyone has succesfuly added a decalerator pedal to a D3b that to my knowledge only has a hand throtle.My dozer has a big brake pedal in between the two steering pedals.i was thinkin maybe that may b the decelerator and brake are combined but after reading the manual it doesnt appear so.I was wondering about buying a decelater set up for another dozer and making it work . maybe from a D3C or later model.Any sugestions?

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I added one off a burnt D4c onto a D3B one time. Also on a D3C that was a grey market hand steer I did the same to. It came off the boat without a decelerator and I bought a new one from Cat.

pbean

Would a D4C decelerator bolt up off to the side of the console or under the console.trying to figure out the best one to get and best place to mount it

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I cant remember off hand but I think both are close enough to work. One we just ordered the right one and all the bracketry. The other we got of a roasted one. I have a friend with a D3C that didnt have a decelerator. He bought a parts machine at an auction from a Chemical company that used one to push salt into stock piles. The decel on it was bad. We bought the parts through Cat again and I think on one other a D4 it was ordered through Regal or HeavyQuip.