• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D350D 9RF

Sndille1

I am going to look at machine this weekend. Problem with trans oil pushing into engine oil. I have worked other 3306 powered equipment but all tracked. Any advice? Do these have a transmission pump driven off the flywheel like the D8K 77V tractors?

Sndille1

Thank you for the information. After reading the system operation seems like the hydraulic retarder control system is a possible source for the cross contamination. If the air pressure from pressure reducing valve was below the normal 55psi the retarder could be being fed oil at rpm below 850. Another possibility I am thinking just based on reading the system operation document. The pilot pressure to the air valve could be higher than normal causing the air valve to allow retarder operation as if the engine rpm was above the 850. Just brainstorming but any input from anyone. Seems like only direct link between engine oil and transmission oil is the retarder. Am I missing something?