• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D21P-6 Komatsu

scooter bill

New member here, needing help with small Komatsu dozer.Machine has been sitting for about a year. Both tracks will pull and spin when digging the blade into the ground. It will steer to the right, but will not steer left. It does not bog the engine when trying to turn. Any advice would be appreciated.

JeremiahSr

Occupation
Vice Pres./General man./Technician
Push down on both brake petals an be sure they are off the bottom at least an inch or 2. If not the brakes need to be adjusted. While pushing against a load of dirt and you attempt to steer left....does the left track stop spinning?

scooter bill

The left track pulls unless I push the brake pedal on the floor. The right track will lock up and the dozer will turn right if I pull the right side steering lever. The right side seems to be working as it's supposed to. This dozer sat up for a long time and when I first started it, it wouldn't turn either way and after running it back and forth for a little while it started turning to the right, but whatever is stuck on the left side is still stuck. The left steering lever come a lot further back than the right one does. I tightened the left brake all the way down and it made no difference. I appreciate your reply.