• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D1105 idles decent but more load more smelly black smoke.

robdean

Back at the project generator. I have an 08 kubota D1105 Generator runs good at idle maybe a small amount of smoke but not easy to see. As i increase the load more and more smelly black smoke comes out getting thicker as the power demand increases. I know its way to much smoke has my garage full in no time when i really put a good load on it.

Pressure test shows cylinders are good and strong. I did a valve adjustment already.

I did have to fix the injector pump to get it to run it was gummed up. So i did take it all the way apart.

I know it means i am dumping to much fuel but is it an injector the pump or something else. What should i test and how do you recommend i do the test it?

Thanks again as always.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
The barrel flanges are how u set equal delivery..they may be off.
The “gears” might be off a tooth.?? But that usually comes across as not being able to shut down..
The injector spray pattern might be off, seeing it ran the same fuel as the pump..??
What’s the back story.??
Is the cap on the max fuel screw intact.??

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Is the air intake/filter restricted somehow? Enough air to run light load but not when more fuel is put to it?

I have had worn out injectors behave this way, although also very hard starting and the smoke is more blue/white when put under load.

robdean

Not hard to start. Intake has new filter. Time ran shows 506 hours. It matches the log book it had. Cap on fuel screw is still intact. Shuts down fine.

It was a military unit that seems to have aged out. That is all i know the logs that came with it had it running in good order before stored. Log showed normal oil change and a oil pan leak fix with filters up to its clock showing 506 hours.

I am wondering if when i rebuild the injector pump i did not get the housing for each back in the same place it was in the pump. see pic number 30.

The only way to get it fixed if thats the issue from what i have researched is to have the pump re calibrated. So before i go that way i want to make sure i have tested everything. Its not cheap to do.

1692344082520.png

robdean

Plungers are good i used direct marks. The main assembly i think thats the barrels i used photos and paint marks to try and reset them. I did not know when i took them apart it mattered so i did not place a good mark on each beforce i disassemble it.