• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D10R2 horsepower

randy448

Just seen on Cons. Eqpt Magazine report on D10 showing 600 HP forward and 720 in reverse? doesn't make sense to me. Watchin' the snow fly!

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The last version of the D10R (I assume that's what you mean when you say D10R2) before it was replaced by the D10T was rated at 580BHP. The engine BHP is not related in any way to the direction of travel of the machine AFAIK ..........

wilko

Seems it could be different if the computer uprated it in reverse, but it would make more sense to downrate for reverse. (unless it had a "get me out of here!!!!!!" emergency boost)

JDOFMEMI

I seen the same article. I was thinking maybe for the downhill push jobs, to get back to the top for another push faster.

You would not want more in forward, as it would just spin the tracks. Power must be balanced by weight and traction in order to be used effectively. Now I could see a bump between first and second gear being helpful, but only to the point the trans will handle it and still deliver long service hours.

thetabop

Doesn't make much sense. the transmission would have to be just that much stronger to handle the extra power for the same hours, which costs extra money to make, and how often are you doing downhill push jobs? how much time is that bit extra horse save you when ur reversing for another push.. i doubt the money saved would make up for the increased cost to make the bigger engine and better trans and higher fuel useage