• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Customer experiences with RS industrial engines Houston

XSKIER

Has anyone on this board placed an order, and been satisfied with this outfit? I've found them through an ebay listing for a motor I'm after. The price seems to good to be true, and they don't take credit cards.. This raises two red flags for me in buying sight unseen.

Tinkerer

I know nothing about them.
But, Paypal is the best way to pay for anything purchased on ebay.
Ebay and Paypal almost always favor a buyer when there is dispute.
That seller states he will take as much as 30 days to ship the motor after payment is received. Not good !
$500.00 to $600.00 shipping is a little excessive to.
High shipping and handling charges are common on eBay. It is just a way to increase the price on low priced items.

XSKIER

They are quite pushy with the follow up calls and emails asking for the sale. I think that I'll pass on doing business with them and look elsewhere.

absoluteyukon

Occupation
Fixin' junk.
We recently purchased a C3.3B crate motor from them due to availability issues with Cat. Engine was shipped promptly on payment for a reasonable price (even after currency exchange). The product arrived as advertised and is currently back in service without any issues. We would do business again with them.

XSKIER

Ended up going with Hoover in PA. Their motor more directly matched the spec I need. I'll update the files when the unit is back in service.

XSKIER

The hoover tech motor came in as advertised, and the crankcase was already full of oil. Dropped it in, fuel line, coolant hoses, 4 wire connections, no priming. Fired right up like it was already warm.