• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cummins ISB 260?

DM21

I’m looking at a ‘07 Kenworth T300 single axle truck that I’d like to put a flat bed or dump bed on, but it would be used mostly to pull a skid steer (probably 20K lbs combined weight of skid and trailer). The truck has a Cummins ISB 260 with an Allison 2000 auto. Anybody have this motor and use it for a similar application? I’m wondering if it will have enough power, and if that’s a descent medium duty motor?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Just about every yard mule in the country has a B series Allison combo in it. Look what they do day after day with little to no maintenance.
Add to that performance of common rail and no DPF,DOC. You'd be $#!tting in high cotton.