• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cummins 70kw propane- Ran out of fuel, now won’t start

707pc50

70kw Cummins propane generator, on a 1000 gal propane tank.

Had a misscommunication, fuel tank got shut off, employee ran the generator for weekly exercise… gen fired and ran for 5 mins, as there is 150’ of gas line feeding between tank and gen.. then it died.

Turned back on, bled line tank to generator.

Turns over but doesn’t fire, have tried a dozen or so start cycles.

Any ideas? Don’t see any ways to bleed system on the engine side of the gas valve. Bleeding at our flex line that we installed connecting our hard line to machine.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
70kw Cummins propane generator, on a 1000 gal propane tank.

Had a misscommunication, fuel tank got shut off, employee ran the generator for weekly exercise… gen fired and ran for 5 mins, as there is 150’ of gas line feeding between tank and gen.. then it died.

Turned back on, bled line tank to generator.

Turns over but doesn’t fire, have tried a dozen or so start cycles.

Any ideas? Don’t see any ways to bleed system on the engine side of the gas valve. Bleeding at our flex line that we installed connecting our hard line to machine.
Does your regulator have a trip off with pressure drop ?
My pancake at the shop (NG) has one, have to unscrew the cap at the center (the pressure
adjust screw) and reach in, pull out the plunger, it will then push itself out and hold.

707pc50

I have fuel on the engine side of the regulator so I don’t think it’s my regulator or gas supply.

Looks like 2 gas valves in a row past the flex line to generator connection. Could one of them be shut off?