• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CTL 70 no power/start

Muellermarine

Sorry for the lack of reply I was out of the country for the last week and a half. I'll grab the schematic tomorrow for you.

Rio_Grande

Had time last night. Started pulling apart the coverings to get to the wiring. According to the wiring diagram, everything in the fuse box but the horn is switched power. hopefully Friday I can get the covers off and test the power going into the switch. If it's 12 volts I will order a new switch.

Rio_Grande

Ok, couldn't seem to get the console unplugged but was able to lift it high enough to get the keys switch out.

It tested odd.
With the key off one terminal has 11 volts of power. When I turn the key on all power goes away. What I thought was the hot lead goes to 0v. Assuming it's shorting to ground inside the switch.

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
So it sounds like there's an almost broken connection someplace along the line. Hows the voltage at the battery with the key on? start there and work your way up along the power bus. Should be a larger gauge wire feeding the panel, perhaps a fuse is cracked. Also, with the wiring diagram, find all your grounds and give them a cleaning if they look/feel dodgy

Rio_Grande

Did that as best we could, switch on or off dosent effect anything at the battery. We had 11 v at the ign switch, but only 1.5-2 at the fuse block. I picked up a new switch today.