• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ct322 overheat - help for others

Kxnate

Hopefully my learning lesson might be help for someone else in the future.

So this summer my ct322 has been running hot, like coolant reaching 220+ and hydraulic reaching 215ish. Running the machine hard I would get about 15 - 20 minutes and the alarm would sound and ac off flashed on my display (I do not have ac). So i would have to stop working and let the machine cool down for about 5 minutes or so. Then go again for another 15-20 minutes, and repeat over and over. Very annoying.

I thought maybe my fan wasn't kicking on fully or something but had stuff to get done so just kept dealing with it. I was talking to a guy I was working with this weekend about it and he went to open up the back to take a look around and scorched his hands on the latch, I mentioned yes the door is getting extremely hot (hydraulic cooler is mounted in engine compartment door). He mentioned he thought my hydraulic oil was getting too hot and heat soaking the radiator. He mentioned my hydraulic filter might need changed.

I told him I changed it last summer after I got the unit and didn't have a ton of time on it since. I got to thinking then though, this spring I suctioned out the hydraulic fluid in the reservoir and refilled it with new. When I did this, I noticed that there was alot of sediment (sludge) in the bottom of the tank.

So o got to thinking, maybe I stirred all that stuff up, ran it into the filter and plugged it up causing flow restriction and improper flow for cooling.

Sure enough, went to my deere dealer today and got a new hydraulic filter, changed it tonight and worked the unit for about an hour, and never got anywhere close to hot.

So, long post, and I'm sure alot of you guys already know this but hopefully someone else can learn from this.