• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

ct 322 john deere boom and bucket wont move and are locked

dan j cassidy

anyone have any idea what to do when the boom and bucket wont work on a ct 322 jd. got power to the boom, port, and bucket solenoid's. they are within jd specs for ohms too. and pass a clk test as well voltage is 12.2 v on the positive side of the solenoid's. the ground are good too at .02 ohms. all switches seem fine i checked the park sw using the manual. nothing show on emu display like seat belt, and seat or cab sw just can't figure out what could cause boom and bucket solenoids to remain locked.. any ideas appreciated. thanks

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
So when you sit in the seat and connect the seat belt the seat belt light goes out? Does the park brake work? Does the machine move? Did you check voltage by backprobing or with all the solenoid connectors disconnected?

dan j cassidy

yes all solenoids have have power and pass a ohm test also checked to see if any were shorted and i powered each one up individually as well. seat sw seatbelt sw and park sw work as designed. the machine will move just fine. but cant get the bucket and boom to move even though i can hear the solenoids down there clk when i turn on sw on put park sw in run position which according to manual engages the solenoids as designed. they are powered in series from emu too. notice the hand controls don't move up and down sideways (not forward and backward which they do fine) they both have cable in them and can't get them to move.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Has the machine sat a while and now you are dealing with rust in the lockouts/cables/links?

dan j cassidy

no not really no rust that i can tell. wondering why can't move those hand controls sideways. they both have cable to them. just gona have to keep at it i guess