• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crossley grader (a crawler grader)

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
That is cool. Looks like the track bogies and cab are borrowed from a Case/IH Quad Track ag tractor. Good combination.

Graderfan1981

I have read a message that the grader works in Australia in Watheroo area north of Perth, when someone is here from Australia and can see him there?

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That is cool. Looks like the track bogies and cab are borrowed from a Case/IH Quad Track ag tractor. Good combination.

There was a description on one of the pics -

This grader was designed and built by Bruce Crossley from Watheroo,West Australia.Bruce used the front half of a Chinese built grader coupled to the front half of a brand new Case Quad Trak tractor,with the cab turned around the opposite way.

Interesting machine to say the least.

Graderfan1981

Has someone in Australie seen the grader the last time? I hope that a grader manufacturer has a idea to built graders with those type of tracks, thats a good idea for a better traction. And this type of tracks are faster than metallic tracks, so no less on speed like wheel type graders...

Blocker in MS

This is very interesting! So they turned the cab around, and built another hood and hydraulic tank. I wonder what they did to the drivetrain....maybe they have 16R 3F. By the positioning of the exhaust this looks to be early Iveco powered :( It sure would be nice to hear some more about this and maybe get the pictures off another location and posted back here.

Gecko

This is very interesting! So they turned the cab around, and built another hood and hydraulic tank. I wonder what they did to the drivetrain....maybe they have 16R 3F. By the positioning of the exhaust this looks to be early Iveco powered :( It sure would be nice to hear some more about this and maybe get the pictures off another location and posted back here.
i don't know if you are still active but let me know what you want to know i used to work for the bloke that built it.

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
i don't know if you are still active but let me know what you want to know i used to work for the bloke that built it.
Even if the OP is gone, there's a bunch more of us that would like to hear the stories, the outcome, etc.

Welder Dave

I wonder if it wouldn't be suitable for some jobs because the tracks don't pivot up and down like the tandems on a conventional grader?

Gecko

so originally it was a case steiger 485 quad track with a cheap Chinese grader front we converted it a couple years ago to a Volvo G700b front end with a dozer blade.
for the gearbox it is a standard gearbox the diff pinion and crownwheel have been machined in the reverse orientation
currently building a new front witch will be extendable out to 7m via hydraulic ram and hydraulic driven front tracks.
the rear tracks don't pivot but hasn't run into any problems with that side of things
if you have any questions just ask and ill try to answer them to the best of my abilities

Ondrej Hajek

Occupation
Reporter
Hello! Have they already built the new extendable front with tracks? I am really interested how it looks like… if you have any pics please share…