• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crane move

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Stout looking truck Hank :)

Today must have been 'Move your crane day' saw more than a couple going down the highway not 20 minutes apart, managed to get a few pics. Had to blend the first pic as I couldn't get the whole thing in frame.
crane123-composite.JPG crane4.JPG

dirty4fun

The tractor a Pacific was built in Vancouver B C they built specialty trucks but most were built and used in the forestry industry. The empty weight of the truck and logging trailer are around 80K. They were built to haul very heavy loads on gravel road with up 30% grades.

Welder Dave

The tractor a Pacific was built in Vancouver B C they built specialty trucks but most were built and used in the forestry industry. The empty weight of the truck and logging trailer are around 80K. They were built to haul very heavy loads on gravel road with up 30% grades.

If you look in the forestry forum on this site, there is more information on Pacific (and Hayes) trucks than probably anywhere else in the world. In a majority of cases the members on here can give specific details on individual trucks!

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
For those that don't jump around the forums.....The Pacific was ordered by Mac Blo in 1979.One of 2 P-12's they ordered for logging.Originally powered by a 3408 Cat.The remains of the truck were found in Washington and purchased by Pacific/Coast powertrain.Pacific rebuilt her and truck now has a Cummins in it.Truck was finished a couple of years ago and last year she moved to Alberta with new owners.I am one of the guys who put that truck together when new..
I did go have a good look at it when they finished it.
H-272-1.jpg

I think i do the annual inspections for this crane. Entrec moved it down to North Dakota

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200309-142610_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20200309-142610_Photos.jpg
    1,005.9 KB · Views: 38