• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crane Cert?

DuraMaxMan66

Occupation
PT student/operator
Ok so Ive heard that most places you need to be certified to run a crane. Is there a certain size that you need it for? And does anyone know of a place or a school In the northeast that i would be able to go get certified? Maybe something that was a few days long with class time and a little seat time for testing???:confused:

union4life

Occupation
OPERATING ENGINEER
dura max ,you can call local 825 training center in dayton nj,but it is better to have a contractor call on your behalf to see if you can get tested..... union4 life IUOE 825

Turbo21835

CCO training at local 324 in Mi. Our training requires 1000 hours of crane time. Usually as an oiler. There is actually 4 different catagories to the cco. Overhead crane. Small hydraulic. Large hydraulic. Tower crane. CCO isnt something that is a few days of training. There is quite a bit of book work for the written test. You also need a good bit of seat time to pass the practicle exam within its alloted time frame

Lashlander

Check this site out. It will answer most of your questions. It has a list of states requiring certification. I've taken the NCCCO test and I will say this. The Ordinary Crane Operator is not going to walk in off the street, take the test and pass it. I took the test with 50 operators in 1998 and the class average was below failing.

http://www.nccco.org/index.cfm