• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crane Accident

MRM99

This is an American 5299 that I had be passing by for several days when one day it all of a sudden had no boom? So i decided that I would have a look, turns out they stuck the pile driver in the bank of the canal while swinging and down it went, of course I didn't have a camera so i went back the next day. When I got there they already had all the bent boom gone, but they had brought this fine example of a Galion 150FA in to help on the repairs :bash new_equipMRM 005.jpg

new_equipMRM 006.jpg

new_equipMRM 013.jpg

new_equipMRM 025.jpg

LOVE THE WIRE ROPE !!:eek:

new_equipMRM 022.jpg

MRM99

The crane did not flip over but the boom was a total loss, I have never opperated one but they still run them all around the houston area.

Andy

Occupation
Tower crane sales
Hi, everybody,I am a newer here from China. there are so many uesd truck crane in my countries saled, Chinese brand, Janpanse brand, many many types in our field. weclome to China, maybe I will act as your guider then..

Cumminstech

Occupation
CAT 345mh operator
I worked for omnisource corporation, a scrap yard, and we have all new equipment but they still have 5 old american cranes, 3 wheeled and two tracked. all had four cylinder detroit two strokes in them. they are sitting all rusted out now.