• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crain accident

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
Crane Blogger, I clicked on the links and can't get any video to open. No way to click on them at all. Maybe it my computer or something I don't understand. I read as much about crane accidents as I can, to stay informed and more aware so I can avoid becoming a member of that undesirable group of operators.

gostr8r

Occupation
Disregard CB I went back and tried again and they worked. Thanks for sharing them.

gostr8r

Occupation
How about the one I saw on fb's Crane Operators Only group. I read there that you had something on it too. It was a conventional boom that had a long jib collapsed over a big yellow structure. Three guys went down with the man basket and were badly injured. The operator himself posted on fb that it would have been better if they had all died! He always criticized everyone else's talent and any cranes that were not made from in country. A very racist and conceited man that had nothing positive to share with any one.

Crane Blogger

Occupation
Konecranes New Business Development
How about the one I saw on fb's Crane Operators Only group. I read there that you had something on it too. It was a conventional boom that had a long jib collapsed over a big yellow structure. Three guys went down with the man basket and were badly injured. The operator himself posted on fb that it would have been better if they had all died! He always criticized everyone else's talent and any cranes that were not made from in country. A very racist and conceited man that had nothing positive to share with any one.

Ya. I just read what your talking about. The whole group was all over that guy. The Crane Blogger they were referring to another crane blogger. I am actually an overhead crane blogger but it didn't fit for a user name so I dropped the "overhead" part. Most of my post with the exception to crane accidents will be on overhead cranes and gantries.

Konecranes an Overhead Crane Manufacturer

Crane Blogger

Occupation
I think he was on it. If not then why would he incriminate himself like that? I did see that he posted on some other sites too so I would think it was him.

Dmconstruct

Occupation
Operating Engineer Crane Op
What a POS. where can I find this story? Any links?

Crane Blogger

Occupation
There is no link to the actual post. However here is the link to the group. You have to be a member, but I was never questioned when I signed up for it. Just scroll down a ways and you will see a picture of a yellow boom collapsed. This is the one that is in reference to. http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/7686371575/