• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Counterbore cutting SW WA

Akmc5

Does anybody have a recommendation for someone (someone you'd trust with your money) who can come to my shop and cut counterbores? Engine is a 3406 and we're in the Centralia WA area. Not sure if I need it yet as I haven't tore the engine down yet but I'm just trying to get some leads incase I need to get it done.

Thanks

JPV

I would call NC and see what they charge to send someone out from the machine shop. We had Peterson send a guy to Cathlamet from Portland and it wasn't too bad for cost and the job was done right.

Akmc5

yeah....I'm going to reach out to them tomorrow...I've had them work on some of my equipment before but I feel like sometimes there's a little too much trying to "upsell".

Just looking for other options. They always say "get three bids", right?

Truck Shop

Or you might try calling B&G Machine Seattle, they might know a reputable shop in your area. It takes Kent Moore or Monaco tooling which is the most common, but it's the man operating it.
B&G 206-767-6071.

Akmc5

Looks like B&G got bought in 2013......now its H-E Parts International.

Is this the same outfit that you gents are talking about?

Bluox

If you don't find someone .My buddy cuts blocks and we're just a little south of you so if you PM me your phone number I will give it to him.
Bob

Akmc5

B&G and NC Chehalis only do it if you bring it to their shop. Not enough experienced field techs.

JPV

Been talking to Austin the last couple days, the C-16 in the log truck seized a piston pulling Peterman hill on the way to Morton yesterday morning so he is fixing it under warranty, he rebuilt it a year and a half ago. He figures the injector failed and washed the cylinder, it was evenly scored all the way around. He is planning on working over the weekend to be sure it is ready to go Monday, pretty good service!

Hallback

Occupation
Gyppo tower logger
He puts in alot of hours & is a hard worker.
Most people don't realize just how hard of a pull that hill is.

Reactions: JPV

skyking1

Funny how you learn the gear and the right RPM = X MPH on most hills. My combo does 29 on Tiger Mountain and eastbound Snoqualmie. It's a 325 hp/1050 torque 3406B. I recently dropped the tonnage to 72,000 because there's no way I'm ever hauling any bedding and the big excavator anywhere.