• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cost of a Wet Kit

Preppypyro

So I was doing my usual bumming around researching stuff yesterday. I came across a few pretty cheap priced trucks. They didnt have wet kits though. So I called a place that installs them and they told me 3500 bucks just for the kit!

Is that accurate? Is it a good idea to look for a used one? I dont need one, yet, but Im just more researching all this.

PETE379

Occupation
Manage and oversee daily operations, also process
I think I paid 3200.00 a couple of years ago to have wet lines installed on a new tractor. I'll try and remember exactly.

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
wet line

So I was doing my usual bumming around researching stuff yesterday. I came across a few pretty cheap priced trucks. They didnt have wet kits though. So I called a place that installs them and they told me 3500 bucks just for the kit!

Is that accurate? Is it a good idea to look for a used one? I dont need one, yet, but Im just more researching all this.
Wet lines can get expensive, especially, if you have to hire someone to install it. One suggestion, checkout Ebay
2. check your local truck salvage place. Most times they have good used systems that came off a wrecked truck or truck with engine problems. I bought a almost new system about a year ago for $1000.00. I got all the hoses and everything. I paid them $500 to install it, I didnt have the time and that was good money spent. If you go this route, try to get a system off of a semi tractor/truck, I would stay away from used units on a dump, they take alot of abuse, but still are some good ones.
Good Luck