• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

coolant overflow bottle....

jc8

I have an '86 JD 544d...can't seem to find an overflow bottle for it, what's a good alternative?

I live in northern ontario so no close salvage yards....just something dirt simple, I'm worried about volume more than anything

Thanks!

walkerv

if you must have one find any thing plastic that you have room to mount somehow, soda bottle , window washer fluid bottle , really about anything will work . got an old beater car layying around in the woods somewhere that you know of could be a source for one also .and as lantraxo just stated about it not being built with one alot of older stuff just has a drain tube on it so it flows overboard

Last edited:

jc8

Ok good to know...I have the manuals but I'm missing a good chunk in the parts one!

I will just put on some sort of catch bottle than!

Thanks!
JC

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Johndeere.com, parts, construction parts, lower right parts lookup put in your model, search away

jc8

Thanks for the info on parts on-line...looks like it was just a hose...no container, I might put a small bottle there just to keep any messes off the floor!

Delmer

The radiator top tank is designed not to be filled to the top with coolant, if you fill it to the proper level it will never overflow unless you have a problem, then you want to know about it. The proper level is usually an inch below the neck.