• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Convert S blade to semi U?

oldirt

I have a D6D with a straight blade, my freind has one too but the corners have been extended several inches forward with a small moldboard welded in. The end bits are angled probably 20 degrees or so, and the center cutting edge is cut back just enough to allow the bits to fit in. There are wider sideplates welded to the blade to hold it all together. This looks like an aftermarket add on, but it looks really good. I was wondering if anyone knows if this was or is a kit that is still offered somewhere today?

Thanks for any help.

SterlingR

Formerly DRESSTA1
I have not ever seen one but that does not mean anything. I would contact Rockland Manufacturing. They are the blade people, I would think they would be able to help you out.

oldirt

Thank you, sir. I will do that. I wouldn't have given it a thought except after running my freinds tractor it is pretty obvious this is a better way to go.

td25c

I like the semi-u blade.My fiat allis came with the semi-u blade as an option and I wouldn't trade it for a straight blade.With some fabrication and new end bit's ,It would not be hard to convert a straight blade to a semi-u.