• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Considering a D8N

nicky 68a

Basically any model of tractor in that size class is rebuildable an infinitum provided the chassis is still good. The selling price will depend to a great extent on what stage in the rebuild process the tractor actually is. For example it could be recently rebuilt nose-to-tail and therefore attract a pretty high selling price. On the other hand it might be on its last breath and need a complete rebuild, therefore the selling price ought not to be much more than scrap price....

I second Jerry's suggestion of widening your search to include the D8R because they have a bit more oomph than the N, on paper at least. Also they still are not all that electronic, and maybe the diff steer might be a bonus for you. Personally I don't like it apart from in certain conditions, but those conditions might just be what you're operating in.

Here's a link to the specalog for the D8R ........ http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/Caterpillar/C785813

Nige,will be mainly slot dozing.Wont be any scraper muck

Cam85

Love diff steer and out of all the tractors I've driven the r series are without a doubt the best.

In particular the d8r series two seems to b the clear performer in most any situation power to weight length with ballence fuel burn component life and price.

I haven't diven anything that even comes close leaves the n in it wake and crapps all over the t