• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Connectors

TVA

Can you very experienced old timers help me with brands and series of most widely used electric connectors used in the excavators?!
I’m tired of dealers telling me that they don’t stock connectors and pigtails, and that I have to buy the whole harness and loose one of my kidneys in process!
Just want to stock some of them!

heymccall

Every manufacturer is different.
Deutsche, AMP, Weatherpack, Delphi...and the list goes on.
I keep 2 thru 6 cavity Deutsche DT and Weatherpack on the truck.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Every manufacturer is different.
Deutsche, AMP, Weatherpack, Delphi...and the list goes on.
I keep 2 thru 6 cavity Deutsche DT and Weatherpack on the truck.

If an old Cat there is also the Sure-Seal.

As heymccall says there are many different ones used even within the same company, say like Cat.

Best bet is to post a picture of what you need and I'm sure one of us can point you in the direction of a source.

In many cases it is possible to replace with a different make unless the harness is plugged directly in to a sensor or relay.

Vetech63

I cant count how many different types of harness plug ins I've had to remove over the years. Some in cases where it was only available with the new wiring harness at a huge costs. I keep a few on the truck, but having a good selection of solderless crimp connectors has been my friend many times.

TVA

My problem is I’m independent, so I have to work on any brand that will come my way, and this connector problem is really pain in the ..... especially when your tens of miles from anywhere where you can buy something. The solenoids or sensors with pigtails is not a problem - I just crimp the bullet connectors, but the plug ins and big harness sockets and plugs is a head scratchers! I can always run a jumper on those big harnesses, but I would like to fix things right! Back when I worked on semi’es I could buy anything from my Freightliner dealer, it is not so with CE dealers though!

Just thought that there’s few types that used more often then others.

TVA

I cant count how many different types of harness plug ins I've had to remove over the years. Some in cases where it was only available with the new wiring harness at a huge costs. I keep a few on the truck, but having a good selection of solderless crimp connectors has been my friend many times.

Thanks for answering! Can you recommend a few good kits?

Vetech63

Thanks for answering! Can you recommend a few good kits?
Check with Lawson Industries. There should be a rep in your area. They carry more stuff than you can possibly think of and are reasonably priced.

excavator

For as many different hydraulic fittings there are, I think there are 10 times more electrical connectors. I'm in the same boat as you, an independent that can't say no to most anything. I've researched alot and have quite a number of kits along with ends removed from old harnesses ect. and I rarely seem to have the right one. So many look the same but have just one little difference.

excavator

Can you very experienced old timers help me with brands and series of most widely used electric connectors used in the excavators?!
I’m tired of dealers telling me that they don’t stock connectors and pigtails, and that I have to buy the whole harness and loose one of my kidneys in process!
Just want to stock some of them!
What brand excavators are you looking for? I know that Deere/Hitachi and Kobelco sell kits. I'm sure that Cat does also but don't have a part number for it.

TVA

What brand excavators are you looking for? I know that Deere/Hitachi and Kobelco sell kits. I'm sure that Cat does also but don't have a part number for it.

Kobelcos and Deere/Hitachi that’s what I usually get, maybe I need to talk to other parts guys next time, who knows about the kits.

excavator

Do you have access to Deere service advisor? There's a number of DTAC listings that cover this topic, I can give you the numbers if need be. And I'll try to remember to get the Kobelco kit number tomorrow.

TVA

Do you have access to Deere service advisor? There's a number of DTAC listings that cover this topic, I can give you the numbers if need be. And I'll try to remember to get the Kobelco kit number tomorrow.

I’m too poor for service advisor, but I would really appreciate Kobelcos part number, thanks!

excavator

OK, I printed out some of the Deere info and I''ll try and get that to you. Why don't you PM me your email address and then I can send it that way.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender

Good luck trying to get the Deere/Hitachi dealer to get you one of those kits. I worked for an Hitachi dealer and they wouldn't even order one in for me. Said they make more money selling harnesses.

TVA

Good luck trying to get the Deere/Hitachi dealer to get you one of those kits. I worked for an Hitachi dealer and they wouldn't even order one in for me. Said they make more money selling harnesses.

That’s exactly what they told me!

excavator

I bought one kit years ago and have never had an issue getting individual pieces. But I have a pretty good relationship with them.