• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

compact loader/backhoe

Dominion 410

I am considering buying something along the John Deere 110 size.Yanmar,Kubota,Gehl have dealers near here as well as John Deere so service should'nt be a problem.I think the Deere is a tougher built machine but looking for some feedback on these machines.

Orchard Ex

Super Moderator
I have an '05 Kubota L39. No problems so far (knock on wood). It's been a really handy machine. I looked at the Deere and have talked to 110 operators that liked them as well. I haven't had a chance to run a Yanmar (no dealer within 2 hour drive) but the specs look good and many speak highly of other yanmar products. I did get a chance to briefly check out the Kubota M59 last week. It seems like a very nice machine.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
aw, Man! My dad was thinking about getting a Kubota L39, then we convinced him that the M59 is better, only to our horror to find out we can't get the M59 here. What about a Terramite (its taken the place of the Kubota)

As for the JD, I think it's a knock off of the Kubota (they look IDENTICAL) and although the Yanmar looks like a mini Komatsu, I see Yanmar and I start running!

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
The Terramite just looks like a POS. It might perform better than it appears but man it looks like a high school kid's shop project.

fireman050

Occupation
construction & volunteer firefighter
go with the deere all of our local utility company's have deere 110 tlb's

Bob Horrell

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner/Operator grading business
I have 4600hrs on my Deere 110 with only minor problems. I replaced the battery, 2 hydraulic hoses, and one front axle seal. This is my second one. I had about 3500hrs on my first one and all I replaced was the starter and battery. If you get one, fill the rear tires with water and antifreeze to just above the rim. It makes a huge difference.
They are tough little machines.

Bellboy

COPPA
Occupation
Student
The Terramite just looks like a POS. It might perform better than it appears but man it looks like a high school kid's shop project.

I've test driven it, and it seems a very under rated machine. I like the breakout force (so far), only the loader seems very mickey mouse. I might end up bitching about it in the future, but my dad reckons that for what he will be using it for, it's perfectly suited. It will only work for around 3 hours a week if its lucky, so maybe a Kubota was an overkill in the first place.

JCBgm

Dominion....

Don't know if there's a JCB dealer near, but their MidiCX is a great machine. Very similar spec as the 110 with many more features.

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
Dominion....

Don't know if there's a JCB dealer near, but their MidiCX is a great machine. Very similar spec as the 110 with many more features.

What Features?
Does the backhoe remove like the deer and kubota?

pwrstroke6john

I forgot about the JCB. Its a solid looking machine and the backhoe does come off for a mower or whatever.