• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Combo hitch

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
This is a hitch I built to allow us to pull a 24' gooseneck trailer with a standard pickup gooseneck ball in the bed or a pintle hitch behind a dump truck. The pintle frame can be removed in 1- minute by pulling 2- pins.01793b9b5a900da19d179740046b3070cac28f8a61.jpg

JDOFMEMI

Looks good. I remember someone talking about how to build one a few years ago, but the thread died out.

Looks like yours works good.

td25c

Well done JBGASH. I like it as the hitch can be changed quickly depending on what truck is needed.:thumbsup

mitch504

Yeah, I like that idea. I have a customer who has several 10-12 ton gooseneck trailers, but only has a fleet of pickups to pull with. sometimes he wants to move something heavy and it would be nice to hook his trailer to my truck. I thought about a kingpin to ball adapter to go in one of fifthwheels (road tractors) but it is too high.

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
I like it as the hitch can be changed quickly depending on what truck is needed.:thumbsup

Or, farm tractor... some folks around here use that type of trailer to haul round, or big square bales from the field to the stack lot.

They usually rig up some form of ball adapter that fits on the tractors 3-point hitch, that way, they can back under the trailer, lift the ball into the receiver, and then, lift the landing gear off the ground by lifting the trailer front up a ways... they only need one tractor that way... unhook trailer in the field, load, hook up and haul to stack lot, unhook, unload and stack, hook back up and head to the field, 'round and 'round she goes... :D

Your hitch looks much better than trying to rig up some kind of ball that fits on a 3-point... and, since our trailer won't fit my center ball because of a fuel tank, I could pull on a bumper hitch with my pickup... yes sir, as 25c said, "Well done JBGASH." ... :thumbsup

OCR

LT-x7

Occupation
Earth Moving Contractor
Thats awesome!
You said you can unhook in 2 minutes with pins, how heavy is it? Can you hook and unhook by yourself?

I wonder how "The Man" would feel about this......

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
Thats awesome!
You said you can unhook in 2 minutes with pins, how heavy is it? Can you hook and unhook by yourself?

I wonder how "The Man" would feel about this......

Not sure on weight, unhooking is no problem by yourself, hooking it backup is a 2 man job prolly or 1 man and a skidloader to lift into ball