• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cold weather

wally57

Good Morning

I am wondering what you snow plow operators use to lubricate the wing post in cold weather. I have a Champion 730A with a Falls wing. I have tried several things to lube the wing post but they seem to get sticky after a while and the wing sticks. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Wally

biggrader

Occupation
Owner/Operator
I believe Falls says to use antifreeze or a light weight oil. I use JB80 and seems to work ok. You might have to apply it a couple times a day. Nothing worse than having the toe stuck up in the air!!!

smooth

I put straight antifreeze in a squirt bottle and carry it in the cab. Usually need to apply a couple times a day depends on outside temp. Works good and does not build up and get all gummed up with smaller rocks and sand like oil.

Last edited:

wally57

I talked with the local county employees here and they said they used a JAX snow plow grease. Anyone heard of that product?

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Has anyone tried dry film lubricant or spray on graphite. It doesn't get sticky but lubes well

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
I use the dry film graphite ya get in the spary cans it works great and don't collect rocks or any other debre works really good I also use it on my moldboard slides and circle