• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Codes on a 320BL after oil loss

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
JohnC wrote: you need to go into the electronics package and record all active and logged codes. All the Cat B series excavators used the same method to access codes. In this case you hold down three buttons at the same time till the monitor goes into access mode. Then you use certain bottoms to go to each mode. Your book should explain how all that is done...

At this time, I do not have a manual; here is my issue:

A loose oil filter caused a massive leak of all engine oil, 5w-40, shortly after an oil change.

After tightening the oil filter and draining all remaining 'old' oil, new oil was added to bring the oil up onto the stick. Starting the machine, the lights for shut down the engine and the engine oil pressure indicator were on.

Is there a need to reset the codes, or is there other advice for me?

BrianGrenier

Occupation
Various Duties
I only let it run for 5 secs or so...a friend around here suggested that there was a lot of air in the lines and the Oil Pressure may take a longer while to come up. But he did not know if the codes need to be turned off...And I need to get a manual so I can read the codes...

Mjrdude1

I would run it a bit longer, maybe around 20-30 seconds of no load. If the lights stay on there is an issue. They should shut off after a key off / on cycle if fluid levels are ok and everything is working ok. There will be a code stored but should not hinder operation without clearing, so long as the problem is corrected.