• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Codes for John Deere 650 J

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
Code is coming up on the forward dash correct! then code is "Increased Resistance Or Inductance Detected In Fuel Injection Circuit"

Check the connector on the very back of the injection pump. Some times a good parts guy at an auto parts and get you the connector complete with 6 inch pigtail.
Why I don't know but the pins spread apart inside these connectors.

mrfixit77845

that is interesting because my 650h has the same code (f497)( but I will check out that connection and see if it eliminates that code) and no fuel problem but I sure have a load of steering codes and cant barely use it

mrfixit77845

after messing with the connection on the back of my injection pump there was a considerable improvement in my machine the f497 still came up some but an idle down and up let me continue to use it so I went to my napa dealer and the connection and pig tail was in his book I pick it up in the morning it made the steering a little better also so I think br174 took care of my f497 prob thank you so much

I then ran the diagnostic on the ecu and I get reading for my steering at approx. 3000/3300 ohms/millivolts for the left and for the right is 1500/1700 approx. ohms /millivolt sooooooooooo now where is the right sensor is it on the fnr where there are 3 or on the drive units?

br1474

Occupation
SVC. TECH
your steering sensor is part of the joystick. you will have a sensor for left/center/right. and a sensor for forward, neutral, reverse. There is also a neutral safety switch. You have motor speed sensors on the drive motors as well as shift coils that change the displacement of the drive motor. I think the millivolt readings are ok.