1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cmi rs500

Discussion in 'Mills' started by steed6557, Mar 27, 2013.

1. steed6557

steed6557 Active Member

We just bought this machine and it goes through carbide bullet teeth very quickly, does anyone make diamond tip teeth for this machine. Also, it uses a 8v1400 belt for the drum drive, it is going through one of these a week. The belt pulley has 6 inches of adjustment on it but the belt only allows for two inches of adjustment. A smaller 8v1320 belt is too small, does anyone know of a manufacturer that can supply a belt at say 1360? Finally, I have been trying to get parts and service manuals for this machine, local dealer here is next to useless, Terex won't help so if you know a dealer that likes to do business in country then please advise, thanks.

2. Yetiologist

Yetiologist Member

What type of teeth are using on this machine?? Are they breaking, shattering tips, throwing carbides or is it just wearing or washing them out? I might have a solution to your problem so send me an email if it is convenient.

3. milling_drum

milling_drum Senior Member

asphalt mill operator (ret)
    now THAT is a great name! hahaha

4. Yetiologist

Yetiologist Member

Especially when you know the origin. How goes it? I thought I had better join to make sure I keep up on the goings on around here.

5. csx7006

csx7006 Active Member

Bomag now owns the CMI soil stabilizer line... I am surprised about that...

6. laycobeau

laycobeau Well-Known Member

Lead electronic technician
    I can repair the micro controller for you if it goes bad. you can down load the manual from cmi/terex web site.
    if not e-mail me and i will send you a link.

Beau Bowlan
    lei-corp.com