• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clutch Cutout Solenoid Case 580c backhoe

stking10

can anyone confirm, does this solenoid screw on? it is leaking pretty badly from this area and wondering if I can take this off and replace an O ring to fix.

CMSMOKE

It does screw on. Make sure to not to bend the linkage from the shuttle lever being in the neutral position. I don't remember what is used to seal it.

stking10

should i just disconnect the linkage? I assume i should keep this in place if I do so it doesn't get out of alignment?

TheOldMan

Occupation
retired
I have a C, and redid the shuttle seal thing. Unhook the linkage to the solenoid, and there's a big nut you can unscrew the whole thing. If you don't have the manuals, send me a PM with your snail mail address, and I'll send you a CD.